Thursday, January 1, 2009

One of the boys

Well, here we are. It's 3:00 a.m. on New Year's Eve/Day. And I am AWAKE with the boys.

We're hosting our second annual Curtis New Year's sleepover, complete with our famous New Year's Day breakfast. All the girls have been asleep for hours (some in beds, some on the couch) but I am going strong. I pride myself tonight on my ability to "hang with the boys," which I think you have to admit makes me pretty cool. The problem is that now I don't know what to do with myself.

The four boys are playing a thrilling game of FIFA on the PS3, and we only have four controllers. (The fifth boy is snoring soundly by the front door, but he is a dog. And I still want to know who stuck one of my down throw pillows under his furry little head...) I killed some time washing dishes and getting sheets and pillows ready for everyone, but I think that landed me squarely back in the "girly" category so I quickly finished.

Anyway, the only thing I can think of to do is blog, but I don't even have a picture to post! I'm such a lame photographer- I didn't even get my camera out tonight. And I'm not big on New Year's resolutions, so I don't really have any to post.

So I am debating heading to bed, for no other reason than the fact that I am bored. Shockingly, not even tired. Just bored. So for the record, I did not fall asleep during my party. I went to sleep on purpose. Does that make me less cool?

Happy 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment