Thursday, January 8, 2009

Spoiled.

I am not accustomed to working five days in a row. The holidays have spoiled me. I am not sure that I have been to the office for five straight days since sometime in November.

It's really cramping my style. I was starting to feel that four-day weekends and food-fests were the norm. Where are my mid-morning runs and my hours of photo editing time? How am I supposed to clean the house? When do I run errands or watch repeated episodes of The Office on DVD? And I would really like to add some afternoon naps back into the mix. I am going to have to remember how to fit things into a two-day weekend like a normal person.

For someone who does not have an especially stressful job, say like, search-and-rescue on Mt. Everest or being part of the Secret Service, I can't believe how tired I am just from going to work from 8:30-5 every day. I actually drank coffee at the office this morning because my job does in fact require mental effort and creativity, both of which needed some refueling. And I am not going to be able to stay awake for the rest of this National Championship football game, and that, my friends, is a problem.

Co-workers, if you are reading this, don't be alarmed if you see me passed out on my desk tomorrow. Surely everyone at the office will be ok with that. If anyone asks, just tell them I am brainstorming.

No comments:

Post a Comment