Saturday, January 3, 2009

I LOVE newborn sessions.

A few days before Christmas I did a newborn shoot for 12-day-old William, first baby for my friends Brent & Elizabeth. I have to admit it was nice to sling my camera over my shoulder and walk across the street. Yay for friends who are also neighbors!

I had spent a few hours with William the week before and was so impressed with what an adorable and easy baby he was. He just slept and slept in my arms- recipe for a perfect photo session. While he was just as cute as ever when I showed up for a second visit with my camera in hand, William was not quite as happy to see me. He had spent the morning (and previous night) throwing up on mom, and was not the slightest bit interested in sleeping through his session.

I wasn't quite sure how patient he would be with us, but what a great baby he was. Once we got him snuggled up with some blankets in a basket, he was happy to just sit and look at me. Toward the end of the session there was a little screaming, but we promised and promised that he could eat soon if he would stick with us for just a little longer. When that didn't work we resorted to mom's magic touch. Elizabeth held him for about five minutes and he was out like a light, so we were able to get some really sweet sleeping shots.

Here are some of my favorites of the morning.















This is about where he woke up at the end and asked, "Where is that meal you promised me?"





Let me repeat, I LOVE doing newborn sessions! If you are someone you know is due soon, shoot me an email to schedule a shoot! I recommend planning your session for the first 1-2 weeks after baby is born. Sessions are done in your home and can be just baby or baby with mom/dad/siblings. (And a photo session makes a great gift!)

No comments:

Post a Comment