Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lesson learned

So today I made a mistake.

You see, the most recent snowstorm dumped another 19 inches on us, which is beautiful no matter what everyone else thinks. I decided to change out of my pajamas long enough to trek into the park with my camera. My goal was to get some jaw-dropping, award-winning shots of the ducks on the sparkling frozen pond in the park. Simple enough.

Except that I decided to kill two birds with one stone (oooh, terrible idiom choice there) and take the dog on his afternoon walk at the same time.

It is a wonder that I did not end up IN the frozen lake. It is a wonder that I did not break my camera. It is a wonder that I did not let the dog free to run away forever.

Knee-deep snow + knee-height dog + lots of flapping birds + photographic dreams = Frustrating waste of time.

I basically snapped blindly as Riley flailed about on his leash and jerked me to and fro. I don't even know what I had my camera set on. A large portion of my shots had two pointy brown ears sticking up in them. I think the kids sledding down the hill nearby were quite amused.

For what it's worth, here's a snapshot of the pond this afternoon. Just know that this could have been AWESOME. Thanks Riley.


No comments:

Post a Comment