Saturday, September 6, 2008

When she says "hate," she really means "love"

I was greeted this morning by the words, "When I woke up, I hated you a lot in my heart." 

She then continued, "After a few minutes of getting dressed and brushing my teeth, it subsided a little. But I just thought you should know." 

Well, good morning to you, too, Katherine. We met at the river for a four-miler at 8am (really, not that early when it comes to running.) Anyone that knows me knows I am not a morning person, but I didn't hit her or anything. I just smiled and told her how happy she was going to be for the rest of the day after she ran this with me. 

I was worried earlier in the week that Hurricane Hanna might affect our Saturday run, but the sun was out and the birds were chirping. 

We've finished Week 2 of our 1/2 marathon training plan, and I have to say I am impressed. MaryO is a better runner than I ever realized, and Katherine has been more committed than I ever expected! All in all we are having a lot of fun and I am way excited for the mini "racing season" we have lined up with all the girls in the group.

Now, after a full day of cleaning the house, it is time for a nice Saturday football-nap before dinner at Five Guys! And can I just say that I love the "runners can eat anything" rule. Ok maybe that is not technically a rule, but it really should be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment