Sunday, November 1, 2009

Shoulda packed more shoes

Hahahahaha. Really, there's nothing else to say. I clearly picked the wrong week to promise to blog more!

The short story is that my days leading up to my trip to South Carolina were incredibly busy. And now that I'm here, I'm still really busy- photo shoots, friends, family, and Halloween candy!

I checked the weather forecast before I left and packed accordingly, with my main goal being efficiency. I tend to bring twice the clothes I need and I was determined not to overpack and to keep everything low-key.

It turns out that weather predictions aren't a sure thing- who knew? The Sunny South delivered the bright, warm day promised as I drove in on Friday, but after that all bets were off. It's been a little chilly and a lovely mix of foggy/misty/torrential-downpour-y ever since. I've had three shoots so far and my wonderful clients have been such troopers as we've dodged raindrops and sat on wet logs.

The lone lightweight jacket I brought has been sufficient, but I am certainly rethinking my only choice in footwear.





One pair of leather Rainbows + hours of traipsing through rain puddles and soggy leaves = brown-stained cold feet and flip-flops that won't dry out.

Hoping tomorrow isn't more of the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment