Thursday, August 12, 2010

Kind of a big deal

Today is kind of a big deal. It's August 12.

One year ago today, we moved from South Carolina to Maryland.

One month ago today, we met our baby boy.

Crazy how time works. When I meet people here, I still introduce myself saying "we just moved here a few months ago" because that's how I feel. A whole year? Is that possible? At the same time, when I look at Brody, I feel like we've had him forever. Only a month? Is THAT possible?

So here we are then:


(thanks Katherine for this move-in day picture)


And here we are now:


(thanks to my father-in-law Bill for this shot he got last week)


I wonder what life will look like this day next year?

(On a side note, Brody has spent the day celebrating by repeatedly ruining his clothes. And mine. Not your best, Brody. Not your best.)

1 comment:

  1. What you wrote is just the type of thing that I enjoy contemplating in life, especially since I am a date person. And get this, we moved to our home on May 22, 2009 and Micah was born on April 22, 2010 so it's exactly like you and Dylan having the baby be 1 month old on the year anniversary of moving day ... isn't it ironic?? :)

    ReplyDelete